Dear House and Senate Republicans,
I’m sure you’ve heard the adage: Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. Well, what world are you from? No, really. Where? Can I get there by boat? Is it expensive? Is it a secret celestial being orbiting the Earth? And why in the world won’t you go back there?
I know. I know. You’re not from some other world. You’re from here. The grand ole US of A. Our very own homegrown idiots.
I’m generally not this … disagreeable but I’ve just about had it. Seriously. I expect better behavior, better decisions from five year olds! Not that you would care considering no part of me is part of your core demographic. I happen to be black, highly educated, and a single mother so you don’t give a damn about what I think but I’m gonna tell you anyway.
Here’s the bottom line. You suck.
Top 10 Reasons Why Republican Politicians Suck
10. You give the Tea Party shelter even as it burns the house down with you in it.
9. You are more concerned about keeping your job than actually doing your job.
8. You never suspected that your policy agenda and the overall culture of your party toward women would get people talking about a “War on Women.”
7. Your solution to the “War on Women” debacle was to trot out all the women from your party for a photo-op.
6. You assume that every woman’s first priority is to get married and have babies, then spend the rest of her life cooking, cleaning, and car-pooling.
5. Not only did you oppose the Violence Against Women’s Act and the Paycheck Fairness Act but you didn’t even attempt to give credible excuses.
4. You felt the need to hold a special hearing on birth control and didn’t think to include one woman on your panel or permit any of the female politicians who requested time to speak.
3. You couldn’t muster any disgust or indignation for Rush Limbaugh’s comments about Sandra Fluke.
2. You perpetuate sexual harassment, rape, and rape culture with your stupid and sleazy comments scapegoating women for the crimes that happen to them.
1. You consider it a victory when women and girls must choose between giving birth and arcane methods of termination because you’ve successfully closed all nearby abortion clinics.
I, like most women, don’t care that you disagree with me on certain issues. No two people agree 100% of the time. What I can’t stand is the way in which you conduct yourself. Without sympathy or the capacity for understanding the human experience of people who don’t have the same sex organs or skin color as you do. What’s more, you’re not even doing your job. You are getting paid (by our tax dollars) to solve problems and yet you are the least productive congress in the history of the country. And do you feel any shame about that? No, you simply blame the president. You have no honor. Honestly, changing the way you do business probably wouldn’t win my vote but at least it would give the Democrats some serious competition and the country a much needed debate. Then I wouldn’t feel totally hopeless about my country.
You and your comrades make a dictatorship look both appealing and terrifying.
D. Bryant Simmons